|Marine Dimensions > Marine conservation volunteering > Internships and medium term volunteering placements|
|Internships and Medium Term Marine Conservation Volunteering Opportunities
Our internships and medium term volunteering positions require more of a commitment than the short term volunteering opportunities that we offer. You will need to consider the following if you are thinking about applying for a position with us:
• Internship positions generally run for a minimum of 10 weeks (approx. 35 hours/week); part time volunteering positions require a minimum commitment of 5 days (40 hours) per month over a period of 8-12 weeks.
• Our internships and outreach positions are currently unpaid (Marine Dimensions is a small non profit). You will also be expected to cover the cost of your own accommodation, including travel and expenses, unless you are travelling with us around the country on roadshows.
• You may need to be available for evening and weekend events, eg. we regularly run wildlife workshops, marine biology courses and awareness days on Saturday or Sunday.
• You should be willing to travel (either with us from Bray in Co. Wicklow or independently) to events around the country, eg. in 2017 we will be running workshops in Wicklow, Dublin, Louth, Wexford, Donegal, Clare, Limerick and Kerry.
• You will need to be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• You must be at least 16 years of age and be willing to be Garda Vetted.
We are currently recruiting for the following internship and volunteering positions. Each position runs for a period of 8-12 weeks:
Education and Outreach Assistant, internship: Spring Term: 6th March - 28th April, 2017.
Education and Outreach Assistant, internship: Summer Term: 5th June - 25th August, 2017.
Education and Outreach Assistant, internship: Autumn Term: 2nd October - 8th December, 2017.
Outreach Assistant, part time volunteering position: Spring Term: 6th March - 28th April, 2017.
Outreach Assistant, part time volunteering position: Summer Term: 5th June - 25th August, 2017.
Outreach Assistant, part time volunteering position: Autumn Term: 2nd October - 8th December, 2017.
To apply for one of the positions listed above, please send us your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable. The deadline for submitting applications is 10th February, 2017. Interviews will be held in our offices in Bray, Co. Wicklow (or by Skype for candidates residing overseas).
Find out about more marine conservation volunteering opportunities around the world at marineconservationvolunteer.com!
Site Development by thedesignpool. All Rights Reserved.
Site Hosting by thehostingpool