|Marine Dimensions > Courses, safaris and workshops > Kids Camps|
Kids Marine Biology Camps, Outdoor Activities for Kids, Nature for Kids
Kids' Sea Camps
These exciting camps are full of hands on activities that are bound to thrill and amaze any child interested in our marine world. Based on Ireland's beautiful east coast, we introduce children to a whole host of sea creatures, including baby sharks, rays, starfish, crabs and lots more! Kids also get a chance to discover nature outdoors with our enthusiastic and experienced team of marine biologists. Planned outdoor activities include rockpooling, sand castle competitions, shark eggcase hunts and even seal and porpoise watching!
The kids camps include:
- Qualified marine biologists and small class sizes ensuring the best possible learning experience for your child.
- A touchpool containing live sea creatures, including starfish, shrimp, anemones, crabs and sea snails.
- Seashore safaris and beach trips, including a sand castle competition and lessons on how to recognise and identify sea animals.
- Birdwatching. seal watching and porpoise watching excursions (land based) with good quality binoculars and a spotting scope.
- *A visit to the Sea Life Centre in Bray with a guided tour of the aquarium.
- Participation in our marine conservation projects, eg. our Shark and Ray Conservation Programme.
- Arts and crafts activities, including a class on how to make shark and ray eggcase necklaces.
- A follow up marine wildlife education pack with posters, stickers, worksheets and quizzes.
- A Certificate of Course Attendance.
*This activity is only available on camps based in Bray.
Our 2017 Kids Camps are now open for registration! Click on the link below to view the programme and book your place.
To make an enquiry, click here.
To subscribe to our newsletter, click here.
Our team is made up of a small but dedicated group of people who are passionate about our marine heritage and the benefits it can bring to communities. Our director, Dr. Sarah Varian, is widely recognised as a marine education specialist, having featured on Ireland's popular Living the Wildlife TV nature series.
Most of our marine biology courses are based in Bray, a charming Victorian seaside town situated in County Wicklow on the east coast of Ireland. These courses involve a visit to Bray Head Special Area of Conservation, a fantastic land-based viewpoint for observing seals, dolphins and porpoises.
"Superb week for my 10 year old. He has an insatiable appetite for all things marine and came home every day with stories and titbits of knowledge. He loved both the sea safaris and the class work. He is on the autism spectrum, which I disclosed at time of booking, and Sarah and her wonderful team were more than happy to accommodate him. It took about 15 minutes to settle him in on the very first morning and then he literally ran from the car without saying goodbye the other days. Hugely recommended."
-Joy Redmond, parent, 2014 Kids Summer Camp
"Thanks so much for a fantastic week. Devin has voted it "best camp ever" and came out every day bursting with stories of the things he had seen.
Sinead Connolly, parents, 2014 Kids Summer Camp
"Adam really had a fab time, so thanks to you all."
-Katie Donelan, parent, 2011 summer school.
"Luca LOVED the summer camp!!! He has been drawing whales and sharks all weekend!!"
-Tony O'Brien, parent, summer school 2011.
"Leo enjoyed the course very much. Thank you!"
-Julie Fortune, parent, summer school 20
Site Development by thedesignpool. All Rights Reserved.
Site Hosting by thehostingpool